Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Brighter Days

My summer is drawing to a close what with school starting back on the 20th.  Oddly enough, I'm okay with that. 

Today, my father and I spent some dad-daughter time together on the lake.  I caught no fish whatsoever and he only caught three.  I find it ironic that I said to him, "here, Dad, you catch something with this lure; it's hopeless", and then he catches one on the first cast.  I suppose it's all a learning process.  I also got to drive the boat a little bit which was mostly exciting. 
Just as a note, the lake is down a lot.  My dad says it's the lowest it's been in about six years.  That isn't all bad though.  We drifted close enough to a rock shelf that was out of water for me to jump on it.  Normally, it's under water, so I seized the opportunity to explore a little!  I found plenty of flat rocks- perfect for skipping.  There was also one rock that is hollow!  It's got a perfect hole in the bottom; needless to say, that one came home with me.  Freshwater mussels were also in abundance and when I chucked one in a bottle of water, it opened as if to say thanks.  Though I didn't catch anything other than some aquatic plants, I think the trip was pretty fun. 


My day tomorrow is pretty packed too!  I am supposed to call the director of a local animal rescue about volunteering there.  I've always loved animals and they need people to clean, exercise dogs, and even just play with the puppies.  That's my kind of volunteering. 
Also, I've got to go to the school tomorrow evening for the open house.  As an ambassador, it's our duty to shed a good light on the school name and welcome parents to the facility.  It's not exactly exciting, but whatever.  It's all good experience, anyway.
To add on to my list of things going on tomorrow, my dad's going to call Sprint (his cell phone provider) and see if he can upgrade.  He's been with them for over five years, so I think it's a really good possibility.  If he can, I'm going to get a new phone!  (Thank God, because mine is just the absolute worst.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again; don't buy the LG Optimus V!)  I owned an iPhone 3GS about a year or two ago and loved it.  Now, I'm wanting another; obviously the iPhone 4S, so this is good.

You shall be mine!


 And lastly, if I make it through everything else: tomorrow, my new backpack I mentioned in an earlier post is due to arrive!  I'm super excited to actually see it and get my things put in it.  The patches I mentioned will have to wait, but that's okay too.  It's a gradual thing. 


Looking up at that paragraph... it's really long.  Sorry- I'll go now.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment