Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Furry Friends

This is one of "those" posts.  You know, the ones that no one really cares about?  I just think my blog needs a lil' touch of home.  What better than our pets, our best friends?

I'll start with the ones that aren't with us anymore, but still frequent my thoughts and memories.



Tilly was my first and only ferret.  I want another one, but I'm still working out the kinks on that issue.  She was, without a doubt, the best ferret.  She was adventurous and funny.  She had a nurturing and sweet side too.  She'd never bitten a soul and when I came home from school one day to be told she'd passed on, I was devastated.  She used to sleep in my room- that's where her cage was.  For weeks, I had troubled sleep and I still miss hearing her little feet padding down the hall.
Tilly the Friendly Ferret





Then there's Regal a.k.a. Reggie.  He was a pretty handsome bearded dragon, if I say so myself.  We got him when his whole body would fit inside my hand.  He didn't cross the rainbow bridge.  Not yet at least.  His supplies, lights, and habitat became too expensive for us to give him a proper home, so unfortunately, he had to be rehomed with someone who could give him all that and more.
Regal the Lucky Lizard




This beautiful boy is Miles.  I found him as a little puppy and raised him.  He had colossal feet and a gigantic heart.  He was the sweetest dog you'd ever meet- I'd bet on that.  This was my true baby- my true best friend.  He'd shake your hand, hug you, and he would dance with me.  I loved him up until the very end when a hunter shot and killed him.  If I ever got the chance to repay him, you can bet I would with every inch of my body and soul.  I still miss Miles everyday and he's never truly gone.
Miles the Caring Canine





Noodles, here, was my first real cat.  She was mine.  She was really old though and had lost all but one of her teeth.  Poor thing, she looked rather funny.  One day, she was sleeping soundly under my grandma's car.  She was just waking up when my grandmother backed out of the driveway, hitting Noodles.  Sadly, she died, but was put to rest next to Tilly, a goldfish named Karl, and two kittens we tried to save, but died from unknown causes.  I think she's in a better place now.
Noodles the Sleek Siamese

Ones Still With Us (Yay!)


 Lil' Dude.  That's his name, alright.  We just call him Dude, though.  He's a toy poodle and a really sweet little guy.  He doesn't usually fight with dogs or bite anyone, though there's some sort of rivalry going on between him and his son.  Nonetheless, we love him and he's the second oldest.  Unfortunately, he has a loose disc in his back which makes it very dangerous for him to jump.  He also has seizures that scare us as much as they do him.  He's still our baby, though, and he's a cuddlebug.

Dude the Delightful Dog


This little parti poodle was actually given to us by the breeder (who also bred Dude).  She's my old friend's mother and does this for a living.  I'd get tired of so many yapping poodles!  Anyway, she was going to give us one that she thought had been "bred out", or, couldn't have any more puppies.  We brought that one home and her name was Brownie.  I fell in love!  She was sweet and just everything you want in a dog.  Unfortunately, the breeder backed out of the deal but gave us little Emma instead.  I am kind of happy with the trade- I mean look at her!  She's adorable!
Emma the Peppy Poodle



And now... (drum roll, please) Brandy!  She's the cutest thing you've ever seen, huh?  She's my current cat and baby doll.  I got her from my great aunt whose home is overrun with cats.  She was one of the most sociable and completely beautiful.  I just had to get her out of that situation.  When she first got home, she saw Miles and bit me.  Then got out of my arms, and ran up a tree.  She was AWOL for about a week when I caught her again and actually convinced her that she wasn't on the menu.  Now, she's the best cat anyone could ask for! 

Brandy the Fuzzy Feline





Meet Nikko!  This is one of four in Emma's first and last litter.  The proud papa is Dude, although they don't always get along.  The other three puppies were rehomed (one of them went to Texas).  Nikko, however got to stay with us and he's a lively little pup!  He's super excited all the time and loves people.  Other dogs, not so much, but whatever.  No one's perfect.  He got a degenerative eye disease from his grandmother (Dude's mom, Spicy) and is blind in both eyes.  The only difference we see in him is that he's a little more cautious and sniffs around... a lot.  
Nikko the Dandy Dog



Lastly, Nemu.  Her full and proper name is Dr. NemuNemu (you can add or leave off the M.D.)  She's technically my sister's cat, but since she moved to Illinois and can't take her along, she's become mine.  I love her all the same and she's actually Miss Brandy's younger sister.  It all works out and our animals get along beautifully.  I couldn't ask for a better bunch of animals and love them all to pieces.
Nemu the Crazy Cat (She's a little tired in this photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment