Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

¡Me no habla Español!

Jeez.  I've got a quiz tomorrow in Spanish.  First period. 
Not only do I have to know the alphabet and pronounce their names correctly, but I also have to know the following phrases (P.S. it's an oral test).

¡Hola!                               Hello!
Buenos días.                     Good morning.
Buenas tardes.                  Good afternoon.
Buenas noches.                Good night.
¿Qué tal?                          How are you?  (informal)
Muy bien.                         Very good.

señor                                Man
señora                              Married Woman
señorita                            Single Woman
joven                                Unmarried Man

¡Adiós!                             Goodbye!  (for an extended amount of time)
¡Chao!                              Goodbye!  (used in most South American countries)
¡Hasta luego!                    See you later!
¡Hasta pronto!                  See you soon!
¡Hasta mañana!                See you tomorrow!

Por favor.                          Please.
Gracias.                            Thank you.
De nada.                           You're welcome.
No hay de qué.                 You're welcome.



Mmhm.  I'm screwed because I'm yawning as I'm typing this.  Nothing more in the world would be better than taking a nice long nap.  If I do that, though, I won't sleep tonight. 
I just hope I don't bomb the first test of the year.  That would be killer. 

By the way, I've gotten a Mexican/Spanish name.  Rosalina.  It's actually pretty. 

Also, in history, I'm having a test on Friday.  All the states and their capitals have to be placed in the proper place on a map.  No word bank.  When my sisters said high school wasn't easy, they meant it.

(P.S. Today in study hall, we had to write a story/paper/letter.  We could choose our own topic, or choose from the two provided.  They were a place you'd like to go or the person you'd like to meet most, dead or alive.  I wrote about Gerard Way and how I'd love to meet him.  It was a pretty awesome paper, if I do say so myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment