Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Schooooooooooooool's... Back?

It's the sad, sad truth.  Today, I ventured into my sophomore year and boy was I wrong to be excited.

I don't get to sit near any of my friends except for one girl named Bella.  She's nice, but I don't know her that well.  Thankfully, my last name starts with a "Sm" and hers starts with a "Sp".  We are normally right next to one another.

But seriously, my schedule sucks (for lack of a better word).  You can tell I'm tired and frustrated because my vocabulary is usually much more extensive.  *takes deep breath*

Back onto my schedule, it is as follows:
  1. Spanish I                               This class... it's alright.  Everyone's nervous and kind of embarrassed.  There are two Spanish speaking students in our class, so we all feel a little dumb.  I'm trying to get the tongue roll down and all, but it's a little difficult.  Though strict, I really do think our teacher, Mrs. Gonzalez, is there to help us.  She made it very clear that she would do whatever it took.
  2. Basic Skills                           Okay, you might better know this one as "Study Hall".  It's instructed by some guy by the name of Mr. Chapman.  He's alright, but... it's always a little harder warming up to a male teacher, for me, as a girl.
  3. English                                 Yeah, right out of the gate!  I've got Mrs. Murray and she's alright, but our class is loud. She's pregnant.  The two don't exactly get along.  Not five minutes into the class, she's yelling at us.  Oh, how I wish I was the only one in the class.  She also made us introduce ourselves, even though all but two of us knew each other from previous years.  Jeez.
  4. Human Anatomy                  Alright, this (though difficult) is probably my best class.  I'm usually good at science-y things.  Plus, I've had this teacher since sixth grade!  She's the bomb and I really couldn't contain my happiness when I saw "Mrs. Lindley" on my schedule.  
  5. Geometry                              Okey dokey.  I've never been good at math nor will I ever be.  Something just doesn't "click" right, no matter how much help I get.  It's really quite confusing.  To add to it, we have assigned seats and I'm not around my friends who usually help me.  That's what saved me last year, for sure.  Then, the new guy is behind me, whistling the whole time.  That's got to stop.  Lastly, the teacher, Mrs. Schatz, is super strict.  There goes whispering for help.  She also photographs sleeping students and emails it to their parents!
  6. American History                I like history.  Or I did when Mr. Murphree was teaching it.  He was my history teacher since sixth grade and I'm going to miss him.  Now, Mrs. Murray is doubling as an English and History teacher, so I have her twice.  She's ten times better in history and I think it's because a) our class is quieter and b) she adores history.  It's her favorite subject.
  7. Yearbook/Web Design        I've taken yearbook since I was a seventh grader.  That makes this my fourth year of doing it.  That said, I know the teacher and procedure well, so it shouldn't be bad.  It's also a pretty good end to the day.  However, I'm used to operating with around six-seven people on staff.  This year, what with web design being added, there's sixteen!  That means that there are well over five new people that need to be trained and instructed.  This'll be fun, I just know it.  Today, I set up their accounts and told them not to share their passwords.  I sure bet they won't.  The first thing they'll do is run to their friends and show them all the cool stuff they get to do.  I bet we have to change the password at least once this year.
Anyway, I'm kind of excited, but mostly not.  There are a few points of light in my day, but it's mostly a storm cloud.
 That said, I'm exhausted.  I'll post again sometime this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment